Teaching kids how to compose music gives them the ability to express their creativity in unique ways while easily teaching basic music theory. Students who write music learn to read music faster, develop a stronger musical ear, and excel at every other musical discipline.
A 5-week online class for beginning students. In this class (which follows 1a) students will continue to utilize notes on the treble clef, manipulate rhythm and notation. Qualified instructors will provide feedback on assignments and encouragement through out the class as your child explores creative ways of using music.
This class is designed for students ages 8 through late elementary. No music experience is required, but this class will enhance a students lessons and band experiences.
Skills Learned Include...
- Review of notation from 1a (Middle C - High C, 1 Octave)
- Review of Rhythm from 1a (Whole, Half, and Quarter Notes)
- Learn Harmonic and Melodic Diatonic Intervals (2nds, 3rds, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,)
- Basic musical form (AABA)
- Complete well known classical melodies and rewrite songs that engage student interest.
© M3 Creative Academy
All rights reserved